1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

compct tractor or compact track loader

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by 321birdguy, May 11, 2014.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Ok a small tractor isn't great for snow. 40-50 hp with cab is what you want.

Any skid is decent in snow. 9/10 can buy afternarket enclosures if you don't get a cab

What kind of budget
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Tractors are far more versitle,easier to move and cheaper to obtain. A tractor can do anything a ctl can, granted some of these tasks will take longer with a tractor. A ctl cant do everything a tractor can and many tasks with a ctl are done working in reverse all day!

3. jdo150

jdo150 LawnSite Member

I have a tractor and a skid steer I have a small deere it's a 2720 and use my tractor a lot. I like my tractor because it's easy to move and leaves virtually no turf damage. I have a backhoe pallet forks a York rake a box blade and a sweeper aerator and over seeder and on occasion barrow a buddy's 72" Harley rake. I would start with a tractor due to price the fact you can haul it on your mowing trailer and the versitality the attachments give you.
    And I do use my tractor for snow I put a pull box and a small pusher and a removable cab and use it in a condo to plow 60 driveways and it works great.