1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

competing with the lowballers forum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnlubber, Mar 27, 2005.

1. lawnlubber

lawnlubber LawnSite Member

There are so many posts about lowballers it's starting to interfere with people using these forums other than to vent. Perhaps we could put some of that in it's own forum. I do have an idea for you guys who are really taking a hit. We have a weekly feature on our local news called Contact 15. It's purpose is to expose scams to the public. Local businesses are sometimes outed on the news and forced to change. I'm sure many of you have something similar. You can call Contact 15 with story ideas or specific problems you have had and they may run a story. I propose calling Contact 15 or your local equivalent and asking them to do a piece on the risk to homeowner in employing contractors who are uninsured. You can regain your market from the lowballers by reminding the homeowners of the value of professional work. Insurance, contracts, respectable employees, all protect the homeowner as well as the business owner.