competition is calling me with a million questions

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by PGHSEALER, Mar 9, 2014.

1. PGHSEALER

PGHSEALER LawnSite Member

New to the business and I had the competition calling me asking me a million and one questions about my business acting like he's a potential customer. I live in a area where there is only one sealcoater around me. The rest are about 20-25 miles north of me. Does this happen all the time in this business? I'm starting small there's no way this guy can be worried about me as competition. Has anyone experienced this?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

Totally unprofessional no matter what business you are in...He must not be too good at it if there worried about the new guy..

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

No, that is pretty weird.

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

He's trying to figure out how he can sell his work as "better" then yours.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. PGHSEALER

PGHSEALER LawnSite Member

If that's his intentions than good for him I guess. He can try all he wants. He didn't seem very intelligent anyways. Thanks for the response guy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

The person that is calling you about what ever is milking you for information for any number of reasons.
    Next call from him tell him your really to busy and say good bye. It really is that simple.
    easy-lift guy

7. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

Just refer him to lawnsite.com! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

8. Sealerman

Sealerman LawnSite Member

If he's trying to pass himself off as a customer, tell him you'd gladly come over in person to discuss the job.

9. prestige101

prestige101 LawnSite Member

Its one thing to work with your compitition,I talk to my compitition all the time ,you can lern from your compitition,and they just tought you a lesson but what he is doing is just bad business ethic.but get use to it you will run into were ever you go,
    Posted via Mobile Device