1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Firstclasslawn, May 7, 2004.

1. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just thought I would tell everyone for the heck of it that I live in mansfield texas and today in mansfield alone I saw 26 different lawn and landscape trucks, its outrageous
  2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

26? I think i have 26 in my neighborhood!
  3. SCFF

SCFF LawnSite Member

My town has about 100,000 people and it seems like about 10% of them cut grass. Every year more and more people get into it. On a good note I gave an estimate to a woman earlier in the week and she said I was a little cheaper than some of the other guys, I guess it's time to raise prices. I thought the price I gave was pretty fair for the work she wanted.
  4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i prolly saw 8 full size rigs "pro" rigs today. Probably 10 additional **** boxes pulling trailers with a mower in the back.

5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

That is the main reason I sold the maintance side of my company, it just got to hard to compete with the ( Just layed off better get my mower and lowball the professionals ) Kind of peeps out there.

Now we do landscape designs , Installs, and Pond and waterfall installs. Not to many non professionals can do this type of work and make it look great. So now I think im safe for a few more years.
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

68% of the people living in this country are homeowners,the highest rate ever.
    That's alotta lawns folks,just do the math and think about the potential number of customers out there............................
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

We have 13 pages in the yellow pages, and probably twice that that arent in the phone book, then the much feared "scrubs" on top of that. Competition breeds sucess.
  8. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yepp Literally I can drive around my small town and count LITERALLY 25 Full Rigs in about 30 minutes NO Joke, its crazy everyone and their dog has a LCO now, LoL
  9. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Alot of LCO's in my area, but plenty of work too !