competitors copying your estimate form ver batum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Aug 2, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Our lawn care and our tree & shrub care estimate forms/programs forms were copied "word for word" (even the misspellinmgs) by a local competitor. I notified the Iowa Turfgrass Institute regarding this, but they didn't have authority, so they only warned them. Anybody else experiencing this?:usflag:

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I copied (or borrowed their ideas) my estimate form from one the of the big boys. I was smart enough to make a few minor changes and put my logo on it.

Unless you want to spend 3 grand and have it copyrighted it is fair game.

3. rcreeh is correct.

Sucks, sorry.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hmm....I've shared mine with a few guys on here, but I have never seen it stolen. same with our SOS.

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I've used bits & pieces from others ideas, but never copied the entire thing. That's just plain dishonest, but there's nothing you can do about except frown.

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I could give a crap about this kind of stuff, I don't care about competition, but I got 2 questions.

1) how did they get your forms
    2) why does your forms have typos in them?

7. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

I copied 95% of one...with their approval.

8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

You called the turf care institute? OMG!! Not THEM.... run! hide the mowers! hide the gas put a tarp over that trailer!!!!! Hurry their almost Hear!

PLEASE... I just soiled myself Laughing so hard I have to change. Man the things you guys worry about, I worry more about the temperature of my coffee

9. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member