competitors mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdh, May 30, 2001.

1. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

what kind of mowers does your competitors use? around here i see toro
    and exmark.90%of the time its toro walk behinds and exmark ztr's then its usally gravly after that.im the only one this year that i have seen with a great dane.
    i all so noticed that 1/2 of them dont have walk behinds they just have ztrs on there trailers.
    my walk behind was stolden and i have just been using my ztr .i was thinking of replacing the walk behind with a toro tbar, but now that iv been using my ztr alot and have learned to turn with out tearing turf .how many of u guys get bye with just ztrs?

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Im in the st louis area and i see mainly exmark some toros im starting to see some billy goats and dixie choppers i saw one or 2 grasshoppers i think the better compnaies use exmark jsut my 2 cents

3. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

We live in Deere country! About the only thing you see is Deeres.
    Anything from a LTX model to a 455 or above. We see so much green and yellow, it'd make you puke.
    Live in a county of 25,000, and I haven't seen many commercial mowers, wbs or ZTRs. We have a Textron Bob-Cat ZTR, and we have people stop to look at it and talk to us occaisionally.

4. In my area Ferris wb's are dominant. I see Grasshoppers, Ferris wb's, Ferris IS's, Toro wb's, Snapper wb's, Exmarks, Kees, John Deere, and Bunton. I'm sure I've missed a few. I see one other DC besides mine and he is from the next county over.

5. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

mainly exmark and New holland

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I see more and more "NEW" guys with big new F450 Stakes and big new trailers with 3 new ZTR's and NO walkbehinds new OR used! How do they do it? Come to think of it, I rarely see a push/trim mower on these rigs either. Granted, my SCAG WB has only seen 23 hours so far this year, but I still NEED it. Same with the pushmower, don't use it much, but its on the trailer every day. Weedwacking large areas that you cant reach with the ZTR is considered SCRUB with a capital S to me!

Any thoughts?

7. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

We have them all.

Ive seen Exmark, Bobcat, Deere, Toro, Wright, Dane and one chopper.

No Superlawn trucks, but alot are using enclosed trailers. There are some real nice looking set-ups.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

In descending order, someone in our are correct me if you think I'm wrong for this area:
    Exmark, Skag, Toro, Grasshopper, Deere, Bunton, Woods, Lesco, Ferris. Once in a while we'll see a Chopper.

9. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

thats what i thought to dixie1.
    but there sure is alot that just use ztrs.im not sure if i will replase my wb .i can get my jobs done with just the one ztr and a 21"
    the 21"for the wet ditches . you are right most guys dont even have a 21"either.

10. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Mainly see others with TORO, SCAG, Exmark, and even saw ONE Dixie Chopper a while back! But only one....I guess it's just cuz DC's are outdated.....j/k! I get by just fine with only my 44" Lazer HP (I can trim just as good with it as any 21"). Only use my 21" for the backyard of one lawn I mow, but I am dropping that one tommorrow anyway.