complain over 12 cents?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DowntoEarthLLC, Nov 29, 2004.

1. DowntoEarthLLC

DowntoEarthLLC LawnSite Member
    from VA

ok. I checked a friends paycheck for him .... turns out he is getting shorted 2 cents from Federal withholdings and 10 cents from State withholdings. 12 cents.

I agree its not really worth complaining over, but why is this happening?

every paycheck...
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Just imagine if that were being done to 40 or 50 million people. That's alot of cheddar going into uncle sam's pocket.
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Gotta pay down the deficit somehow right? :p
  4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe someone isn't using the latest payroll withholding table. I just use QuickBooks Pro, update it monthly. It all winds up on the w-4 at the end of the year, and is entered as money paid in vs money owed for the year.
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

or if its a big company maybe someone thinks they found the "perfect crime".
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I had a similar problem with my wifes paycheck. She was getting taken out about $2.00 more for federal tax than she should have
  7. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

Just like that movie "office space"! LOL

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Is that the movie where Richard Pryor made out with all those half-cents floating around? That was inspirational for me...
  9. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

No, it had Jeniffer Aniston in it. It was about three guys. One guy, the kingpin behind the whole plot worked it out so that they were skimming the companys payroll by taking fractions of pennies and putting them into an account that the three of them created. After a weekend, they had a massive bank roll going. I don't remember all the details, but you get the gist!

I laugh everytime I think about that movie! :cool2:
  10. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member