complaining customer already

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeff_0, Mar 17, 2004.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

I answered my phone this morning at 9:45am.. cust says in a angree voice do you want this job or not.. I said hello.. he said they same thing. he then said you said you would be out yesterday or today... at first i didn't know who it was.. we'll the guy hung up on me.. first of all i told him wed or thurday depending on the weather.. he wanted his yard aerated.. second.. the day wasn't over it was still morning.. i was going to try to get there in the afternoon but now.. i don't want to do it because of his attitude. i was gave him a good price at $11 per k but now he can just find someone else to do it.

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

hehhehehe I hear you I had one clown call today asking about his clean up I met with him this weekend we got about 6 inches of snow last night the place is covered and he calls me to ask about his clean up. I am still laughing at that were talking dumb and he may have discovered a new level of dumb he pissed me off so we told him 2nd week of april now heheheh

3. jeff_0

from md

That one's better then mine, i just got get some people it rained yesterday. and dizzeled today... we'll i hope i don't get many of them customers this year.. i think i only had one last year.

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

jeff,

Screw that guy! He will only give you more problems in the future!!

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Alot of theese older and retired people have nothing to do but sit around and worry about stuff, and part of there weekly excitement is when we are to show up and watch us work, so when we are late they are afraid they are gonna miss out on the days activity

6. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

that is SO true. I have the a guy that won't quit watching me through the screen door, so i'll fake him out, act like i'm driving around to the back, and do a zero turn, and go back to the front, and he's lookign for me through the back door screen, so i time is so that when he realizes whats going on, i've made another pass in the front, and then really go to the backyard, he eventually sits down.

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Some people need explaining to. More than once. If you don't do the work, somebody else will. The customer isn't concerned about you getting enough work for the season, are you?

Everyone sure is quick to kick people to the curb, yet then turn around and piss and moan about not having enough work.

I don't like listening to stupid people either (thank god for the ignore list on this site :D ) but sometimes you just grin and bear it while they hand you their check. It's a fricken" aeration job, what is he going to complain about once your done. Take his money tomorrow and be on your merry way.

8. jeff_0

from md

that's true, but sometimes i just rather not deal w/ it.. It's just $90.. For people like that i'll pass them up... For me maybe not everyone but i get a good amount of calls.. Last year i turned down a lot of work, i will turn down people like that just about every time. unless it's a big commerical contract then that's different, but even in that case the go with the cheapest contractor most of the time..

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I had similar to that situation last year, the customer calls up and says, "How come other customers are treated more special than me." I was like what the heck are you talking about. She then says that she was waiting for a spring cleanup. There was till freaking snow on the ground.

You just can't please everyone

10. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Yes there are always the PITA customers.. It comes with the territory. Like Randy said, If you dont deal with them, someone else will be more than happy to take your place.....