Complaint: "Too much grass"

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Organic a go go, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Organic a go go

Organic a go go LawnSite Member

If Im lyin' Im dyin'. Got this from a customer today. Husband and wife. She is hard core organic he's not so much. I've given them Restore and several apps of Bill's product and mulch mow at 2.0" I mow them every 6-7 days and by the time I show up the grass really needs cutting. Just like I want it.

The guy comes out today and says. " I just don't understand why my grass needs cutting so badly. I'd like it if there wasn't so much grass....."

He said his neighbor has ChemLawn and their grass isn't so high at the end of the week.....

Bit my tongue in two trying not to tell the guy that if he wanted less grass he should hire ChemLawn.
  2. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I'm confused... this is an organic lawn? and it is outgrowing Chemlawn? How are you doing that? Or are they getting to that point in the year where they spray and put down air? I picked up a customer who said he actually stopped a guy, with c hemlawn, and there was literally nothing in the hopper, now he is my customer, makes me not want to hire help though...
  3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

we out grow a chem lawn every time, color size roots evry thing. and some times with out water!!!

some folks ya just cant reach..............
  4. DeepGreenLawn

the water issue is something else on my mind. Everyone is starting to say that the drought is coming back again. It makes me want to go in survivor mode and at the same time show what organics can really do.

Survivor mode means get compost out to everyone fast while we can still water. Is this a good idea? skip the next treatment and do compost? and then the next treatment I can make my money back by just using ICT? Or should I try and make my own CT?
  5. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

compost, yes any time , sounds like your late??? tea is just compost leachate+air so get that copost going!!!!
  6. DeepGreenLawn

yeah, I had a nagging feeling that I was kind of skipping a step. Is a compost treatment about the same cost to the customer as a regular treatment? Or do you charge them extra?
  7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Compost does a soil good.
  8. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Is Restore a fertilizer?
  9. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

so the point is chemlawn dont firt everyone knows that
  10. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

They do a good job of getting the grass addicted to high levels of nitrogen, that's what. :laugh: