1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Complaints of triton deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wiseguyslawn, Mar 13, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

think I have decided on the lazer hp 27 hp kohler w/56" triton deck. This is the biggest unit I could purchase still in the compact design. Anyone have problems with this new deck or unit itself.
  2. wiseguyslawn

from Ohio

the negative so far is I cannot get a 3 bagger on the unit.

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

4. wiseguyslawn

from Ohio

the hp does not offer anything bigger. If I got a 60" i would have to jump to the AS and a 28hp kaw. I guess if price is not to far apart then this would be the mower i would purchase, but think it is a big difference in price.
  5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I have had 0 problems with my triton. the only bad thing about getting the 56" is that you can only get the 2 bag system not the 3 bag system. it wouldnt hurt to ask your dealer what the cost of a 60" would be.
  6. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

60" with 3 bagger and weights, and assembly with MA sales tax (5%) comes to $11600, just priced it today. This is also the 25hp Kohler engine. I think I'm buying another Turf Tracer!
  7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I return mine the deck is flawed. get a ultra cut. Anytime you have to weld a piece on the deck runnnnnnnn. You will hear people say it works great we have worked out the flaws it is not true I owned this exact mower it is flawed.

flaw 1 The deck is two deep

flaw 2 the piece welded on the deck is too close to the front baffle and constantly clogs up and the quality of cut goes way down.
  8. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Honestly I don't have a clue if these are true or not but it is really cool to see someone actually answer a question and give the true reasons behind their belief. Much respect to you Frue!

(Like I said it makes no difference to me because I am painted green through and through)
  9. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

You dont even know the difference in price? Gimme a break. Last summer the As 60 was cheaper than the HP56. If you are going to spend a bunch, you better make sure you get what you really want.
  10. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

I would most definately cut with it before you buy it. I tell people of my experience trying the tritons, (46, 50, two different 56s and one of them 3 times as the dealer tried to make it cut, and a 60) it was like comparing a model T to a formula 1 car, compared to my ultra cut. I have not seen what they did to the 56 but the 60 was after the updated scroll baffle ( the one frue was talking about) and it still didn't come close to the ultracut. I have had 52 LHP's too and they are awesome. They are selling those again this year.