Complaints, yes I am a woman! What?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lpkatsavage, Sep 26, 2008.

1. lpkatsavage

lpkatsavage LawnSite Member

I know times are hard right now for some, but if people cant afford to get their grass cut, then they should not ask someone to do it and then not pay. It is not fun collecting past due balances from broke people. Also, people complaining about a price increase or fuel surcharge saying they dont understand why I would do that. Come on people. Gas is $4 a G! One other thing, not trying to offend anyone here, but I try to run a respectable by the book kind of biz. I am so mad that I am getting under bid by these people that dont have to pay, I am sorry,"wont pay", payroll taxes, or any tax for that matter, dont have liability insurance or workmans com, therefore charge less, and get to keep ALL of it. Needed to vent. I am sure others feel the same and just deal. Thats just what I will do.

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

welcome to the site:waving:

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

no.... welcome to the industry

4. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

that says it all...

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

The sad thing is that when you get nasty with them about their 3 month over due bill they get offended.

6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

LOL!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You are right....MUCH MUCH more accurate. I was going for something along the lines of everyone on this site complains about this. But I understand we see it all the time.

Just passed a guy on Thursday afternoon pulling a trailer with his tacoma with the magnetic sign "Joe Blow Lawn Mowing" pulling this tiny trailer with a home depot/lowes cub cadet rider behind it. My brother and I just laughed. Trust me, we don't want his accounts for what he is charging.

7. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

No Welcome to the good ole USA !

8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I didnt see how long you have been in business but unfortunalty this is an ugly side. If I went back through the books I bet there is at least a few hundred bucks I will never see. I'm taking a lady to court on 10/16 for a bill that was 100 bucks or so LOWER than her estimate that she didnt feel she had to pay! Some people are definetely out there! If you get the "funny feeling" about them, trust your gut! All I can say is it will happen you just need to screen some customers better.

9. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

hope ya feel better !!!

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Could not have said it better myself!