1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Complete and udder bs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KTO Enterprises, Aug 9, 2007.

1. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

This is the form for the South carolina Dept of Transportation for minority business owners to use to get contracts for state work that I cant touch.

What happened to every one being equal? Didnt Martin Luther King Jr. state "DON’T JUDGE ME BY THE COLOR OF MY SKIN, BUT JUDGE ME BY MY CHARACTER, AND DEEDS”

Isnt this wanting to be judged by sex or skin color?

This makes me sick
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

WOW!! Treated equal= yeah right
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

You can't touch it? It was my understanding that, in MI at least, anyone can still bid, but if you are a minority owned business, it is given some sort of special consideration. I do agree that it is still BS, though

At one time I heard of this guy who ran a trucking company. He set the whole business entity up in his wife names so technically it was a minority owned business and he could have a better shot at government and industrial/commercial work.
  4. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

A certain amount of work HAS to be done by minority owned businesses. For the rest of the work, minority owned businesses get a benefit somehow. Can be a certain percent higher than non minority owned business bids and still get the work.
  5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Fill in "other" and write in Caucasian

I dare 'em to kick it back

They would have to disprove this statement...
    "I certify that I am socially disadvantaged because I have been subjected to racial or ethnic prejudice or cultural bias, or have suffered the effects of discrimination, because of my identity as a member of one or more of the groups identified above, without regard to my individual qualities."

Anybody that has been around the block a few times can answer Yes to that statement.
  6. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

Just go ahead and bid, but claim you are 5% black on your mother's side.

Demand your reparations from Whitey!!
  7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, it's utter BS.

The people who scream for equality want special treatment in reality.

Par for the course.
  8. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Dont worry they have probably already hired an illegal!