complete fert. rig on e bay

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Dec 26, 2005.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

no this is not my setup...i found it on e bay..

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I'm 6'4" tall. I can only think of one thing when loading that permagreen in the side door of that van. DUCK!!!!!

Are the Centuri units very good? I'm solo and only fert 35 to 40 lawns per app. Most are over 10K. Iv'e been using a lesco truckster on the front of a Z for the fert and a 100 gal. lesco tank for the weeds. Works ok but it's time consuming since I always have to go back over my route to do the fert. I'd love to have a ride on spreader/sprayer, even if it needs a little work if the price was right... hint hint... just may be a little tough to get it from jersey to kansas... Iv'e see your "for sale" signature for a week or two. they are still there, maybe that's a sign to me... pm me if u have a price in mind, i'll do a little research.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The biggest con to this type of setup is that the fumes from the chemicals will about knock you out after awhile. They get into the interior, and then they will never come out. A pickup truck where your chems are out in the open air is just SO much better.

5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with the fumes to a point, especially since the van doesn't have the little hand cranked vent on the roof, but it looks like one could be installed pretty cheap. The key is to keep everything dry. The smaller tank helps with hauling more fert and more room for a push spreader, blower, etc.
    I used this set up before and liked it. I'm 6ft, and walking the PG up was not a big deal, but you do have to lean under the roof to start it and back it down.

6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

The price came down to $17k. Still overprice in my opinion.

7. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If I was starting a company, I would jump on that rig for 17k...Honestly, I don't know how much the van is new, but you could still get 4-4500 for the Magnum, the tank, the backpack sprayers, doorhangers, etc. all included...