1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Complete Ground Pros Equipment and Work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Complete Ground Pros, Oct 8, 2012.

1. APLUS LAWN CARE

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

I love the truck man, good luck to you in 2013!

2. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good! As for the commercials, just go in and ask who is in charge of the grounds maintenance. Talk to them and ask if or when they will be accepting bids. Good luck to you
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Complete Ground Pros

Complete Ground Pros LawnSite Member

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I will definately start doing that once the new year hits.

As for the truck, I'm pretty happy with it. I was looking for about 6 months and I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. When this popped up, I jumped on it. Well worth the trip to Florida.

Do any of you have a webpage? Is it bringing in any business?

Thanks,
    Nick

4. USAProLawnCare

USAProLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Nick,

I would recommend hitting up the property managers in December at the latest.. At least around here, that is when they start looking for their next contract.. From my understanding, a lot of contracts around here are from January-December (full 12mos) so I wouldn't hesitate..

5. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

Hey dude quick question, How much did that 8'2'' boss cost you if you don't mind me asking? I'm really needing a blade this year(snow blowing drives and walks aren't fun) but I don't want to break the bank to bad.

6. Complete Ground Pros

No, I don't mind at all. It was just a bit over $7,100, installed and with the smartlock. I saw a lot of used one's online ranging from $3,000-4,5000. I went new for a couple reasons. I financed most of it, not wanting to tie up my funds for the upcoming landscaping season. Also, 2 year warranty. Plus, besides regular maintenance, plows tend to last for a while.

To be honest, and this is just my opinion, if you don't have the work to justify a plow, stick with the blower. The work may be harder, but run some numbers and I bet you come out on top with greater profit. Save that up plus add the accounts for next year and buy a plow then.

I was debating between just buying a $600 blower and doing a few drives and walks, but then the work turned up and it made sense to get the plow.

Just my opinion though.

Good Luck,
    Nick.

7. Complete Ground Pros

Thanks for the advice. I will have to start calling my prospects a little sooner then I thought.

Thanks!

8. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks For the advice dude good luck on your snow season. Have you gotton any commercials yet? Also one last idea there is a video put out by SIMA by a csp(Certified Snow Professional) about cold calling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm9jqHRWIec&feature=relmfu.

9. Complete Ground Pros

Nice! That's a pretty good video and he makes a good point about being "shut off" when you cross your arms. I will have to make some points to do this when I am cold calling.

I do not have any of my own commercial contracts. Subbing for the company I used to work for.

Thanks,
    Nick

10. Complete Ground Pros

Made my logo. Just ordered some business cards too. Next step is webpage. Then I can start my cold calling.

Picture 4.jpg