1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Completely Re-Done Baseball Field.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Cashio13, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Cashio13

Cashio13 LawnSite Member

Here are some before pictures of the field we just re-did. You actually had to mow where the dirt had to be...kinda funny.

First Base.jpg

First Base 2.jpg

First base Line.jpg

Pitchers Mound.jpg

Third Base Line.jpg
  2. Cashio13

Cashio13 LawnSite Member

and here are the after. not bad for a quick two days work.

First Base.jpg

First Base Line.jpg

Home Plate.jpg

Pitchers Mound.jpg

Third Base Line.jpg
  3. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

What park is that?

Did you just trim it and then put dirt on top?
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

most of our baseball fields around here have about a 10' sand "runway" between Home and 1st, and Home and 3rd. Those look pretty narrow-- hate to step on that edge and twist an ankle.
  5. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

What Edge?
  6. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Dont worry about what others say, Looks good. I am sure the kids who play on it appriciate it.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

looks good to me. its a big diffrence from the first pics. keep up the good work
  8. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

kreft do you extra work for free?? i wouldnt and i doubt you do!! Do you do 5000 dollars of work when the customers only paying you 2500 i think not!! he did the best he could with the money he was alotted.
  9. kreft

Yes we do extra work for free. In june there was 5 weeks and we cut 5 times but we charged for 4 cuts. But the work we do for free is still top knotch, quality work.

winter of 05', a supervisor of one of our commercial properties called us at 10:00 at night. the pipes froze on one of his office trailers. we came and fixed it and got it ready for the next day. Did it for FREE!

Doing that brought us alot more work from that company that we charged for.

I can go all day long!

Last summer went to a CEO of a pharmecutical plant to level off his yard for a pool.

Did that for nothing and it brought us alot more work that we charged for.

We stand by our clients and go above and beyond thier expectations
  10. kreft

If I did that base ball feild I would only charge them for materials. I would not charge for labor, fuel, etc...

All i would ask for is to have a part of a page on all of their sports magezines, (what ever they call them) and it would say "this feild was brought to you by ________________ (company name)..... or something like that.

With doing that it would put our name out their to everyone that played on that feild, and their parents.