Compliance Warranty

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Armadillolawncare, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have been asked to include a compliance warranty with a bid I am doing for a local condo resort. I have never had to do this. Can anyone provide me an example of one I could use or tell me where I can get one? Would being bonded be the same thing? Any info about these would be appreciated.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like they just want a warranty for the work to be done, or just a basic contract. I type mine up myself and cover all bases when it comes to "limited warranties" on hardscapes and plants.

Things I include;

Amount of time for install
    limits for plant coverage, proper maintenence watering, ect.
    proper amount of time for install, so they know it's not going to take 2 months or more.
    Deposit notice, so you/they don't get burned in the final bill.
    Final payment deadlines/expectations.
    Clause for payments if you go over your bid. I did this so I make sure I don't lose out on jobs. I just state that if the job runs over budget then the person in charge will be notified before I buy the extra material, labor, ect.

Just think of anything that you need to put in it to cover you and thier butts so everyone is happy in the end.

I don't think they are looking at your bonding/liability. Anyone who asks me about that wants to see the Declaration page of my ins.

If I get a chance, I'll upload a copy of ones I've written up.

3. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'd love to see one of yours. Thanks for the info.

4. White Gardens

5. White Gardens