Compliance Warranty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Armadillolawncare, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have been asked to include a compliance warranty with a bid I am doing for a local condo resort. I have never had to do this. Can anyone provide me an example of one I could use or tell me where I can get one? Would being bonded be the same thing? Any info about these would be appreciated.

2. XterraJohn

XterraJohn LawnSite Member

With what, exactly, are they wanting you to be in compliance?

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I believe it is with the service he will be providing. He will need to do exactly what will be outlined in the service agreement. If not... he will have to pay them x amount of dollars for breach of contract. At least that's what I think it is.........

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

We have to submit loads of paperwork with our bids all the time. What exactly are they asking for? Compliance to what?

Typically, bid deposit/bond (certified check/money order/bank draft or letter of credit), performancy surety (bond), proof of liability and auto insurance, proof of WSIB (workers compensation insurance), copy of Health and Safety Plan, copy of Environmantal Policy, compliance to their Fair Wage Policy, Statuatory Declarations, Bank and trade references, etc. Some gov't institutions (esp postal) even want criminal record checks of every employee working there.

Although its a huge PITA when bidding, most companies dont have 1/4 of this stuff and eliminates them from this type of work. I am slowly gravitating to all municipal/government type work and finding it more rewarding financially than commercial work with no problems on payday. Hope this helps.

5. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

damn red tape

6. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

They are asking for completely normal lawn care stuff, nothing difficult or unusual. Mow, trim, edge and blow approximately 4.5 to 5 acre property. Trash pickup from parking lot and property and weeding beds. Pruning twice a year and adjusting irrigation as needed.

7. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Almost sounds like the are wanting a Performance Bond. If that is what they want, you won't be able to get one. Either way, I'd politely PASS on this account as it sounds like a HUGE PITA.

Mike

8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I once saw a contract that said if you don't complete the contract. You have to pay the difference between your bid, and whatever it costs them to get someone else to finish the contract.

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Thaats called a Performance Bond.

10. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

sounds like to me a way for them to get out of paying for service some how, just my 2 cents