Compost Organic Lawncare vs. Organic Fertilizer L/C

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by c2weech, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

That is the primary goal (or should be) of an organic program, to increase SOM, not to simply use an organic product in place of a synthetic one. I sell solutions, not green grass. My business is centered around saving my clients money and building a sustainable, low input system. In areas where irrigation is required, building this type of system is even more critical. IMO, if profit is the only motivation, then people are catering to a fad instead of a realistic solution that will have a lasting impact on this industry as a whole.

I don't think I would go so far as to call it noble .... rather more realistic. There are more ways to generate a profit than just selling a program of spoon feeding of organic products to potential clients. If a LCO finds he/she is losing money by building a sustainable system, then it is time to diversify.

..... my 2 cents worth.

2. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

I'd like to thank you for doing that. And also Smallaxe, JD, Kiril, Barry, Paradise, Bill, Maine, and the many others that contribute regularly here.

I've started and moderated many forums over the years, and it's often a frustrating task.

So I really appreciate what you've got here. It has helped me with my business immensely.

thanks again,
    jon

3. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Thank you David for one of the best posts I've seen on this forum.

4. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

There is a very good word for those who claim being a vegetarian includes fish and chicken. It is stupid. - Albert Epstein

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Tim, you made my day. Thanks for the laugh!