compost spread $ per yd or per K

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by terrapro, May 5, 2009.

1. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you charge per yard or per K to spread compost. I am running into difficulties nailing down a universal pricing strategy. It seems every property has such different needs I have to restructure for every bid.

I spoke with a local synthetic guy yesterday and he informed me my program is to competitive with his and he was worried about his customers LOL! :usflag:

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

SWEET, nice to know you are competitive

The pricing really depends on how you do it, by hand, spreader, motorized spreader, etc and how long you stay on each site. Time is money

Most folks have a basic minimum to get to the site and then base it on per 1000 sq feet after.

3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I was as surprised as him. I might have to raise prices.

With price for me it is always based on what it would cost to do it by hand, say out of a wheel barrel with a shovel and rake. When I have big equipment and get the job done faster I should make more for having the equipment on site so it equals out it is just easier and less time consuming.

4. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have always done it by time, labor involved. With one hour minimum PLUS cost of materials. First few times are higher, then it goes way down from there...

5. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member