compost tea production question

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by pineymountain, Jan 16, 2013.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

I like your last line, I hadn't heard that one before. Keep talking.

2. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

lol.

Mulch or a plastic tarp physically suppresses disease better than compost tea.

3. phasthound

You misunderstood my sarcasm. Your statement clearly shows that you do not, and are not willing to, understand how to be successful without chemicals.

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

This would be an excellent time to explain how CT is able to outcompete Pathogens in the soil... Long Term...

5. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

We have had a provincial pesticide ban for 5 years now. The Organic Landscape Association has dis-banded here. People are spaying their lawns at night with pesticides bought from the USA and Quebec.

6. Smallaxe

:laugh: I know I didn't hear that on a National Forum...:laugh:

I thought Canadians , of all people, knew how to pretend to play along... :)

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Sorry, but I ain't buyin' it. Been googling this for years. Same O same O. "Commercial" so-called organic companies swear by it cuz they make their living selling the stuff. (follow the money)

"Liquid slurry", "Attaches to roots", etc. etc. (LOL). Synthetic plant food "destroys". >> then why do our lawns outperform the competition???

What's "organic"??? (anything carbon-based)..... (sorry).

Our land grant university ditched most of these 'tea trials' long ago for several reasons.

Here's a couple more sites for any California tree huggers interested in this xxxx..

http://www.collierarbor.com/probCompost-Tea.php

http://www.wormwoman.com/acatalog/Why-Use-Compost-Tea.html

8. Smallaxe

The one thing organics supposedly enhanced was the development of the soils... how the decay of organic materials under proper management could increase the structure and CEC of soils,,,thereby increasing root vigor... but I believe under current circumstance you are correct... :)

9. phasthound

And you and Larry have a great deal of experience with using AACT in the landscape?

10. Smallaxe

I don't have a lot of experience using beer in the landscape either...