compost tea pump???

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by tweezerbeak, Mar 17, 2008.

1. tweezerbeak

tweezerbeak LawnSite Member

whats the best pump or type of pump to use to transfer tea to another tank???

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Gravity or Syphon

I am told that disphram type pumps are better than piston type pumps. sorry I don't know the brand names maybe someone else will chime in that does

3. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

Depending on what your source of power is. You could use the Hypro Aqua Tiger 12 Volt Transfer Pump - http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?PG=1860
    From our experience centrifugal pumps work best. Any chunks in the tea mixture can get caught up in the valves of a diaphragm pump.
    Toni

4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

5. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We use a air diaphragm pump. They do not clog up with the compost matter and flush very easily when cleaning.

6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Sweet waters are "SWEET"

Sequence makes a really nice pump too. I use sequence pumps on all of the ponds that I build (hobby slash passion)

I'm a big Dr. John Todd fan, ponds for every toxin, amazing work. His work with cesspools in China, groundbreaking!!! I'm serious folks, talk about thinking out of the box, google the SOB

I think I got off of the subject

7. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

Any low pressure pump like a sump.

Tim

8. tadhussey

tadhussey LawnSite Senior Member

We use a pool pump from Grainger, I can look up the model if you're interested.

9. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

we have built and maintain several pond and water falls. it was a thing to do one summer,and the results are stunning. every one of my Latin staff is a mason on Friday! the stone was the big hurdle. by the time it got here it was to costly. so we started importing it from the blue ridge area and the cost went down and the profit up... plus they look so nice in the garden. cat tail stew, with frog legs and alligator... just roll the tail in mayo and corn meal, deep fry, and serve