Compost Tea Sprayers

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Keegan, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I remember someone posting on here (I think) about a company that sells tanks and sprayers for compost tea. I think they are out of Rhode Island. I cannot rember their name. ahhh! :dizzy:

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

eh just get a hydro seeder..................

3. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Agree with tree go to turboturf.com and get a hydroseeder and the tea sprayer attachment. That way you can spray manymore things and tea.

I got a tea sprayer from Rittenhouse in Canada and it is fine but I also got a hydroseeder from Turbo Turf and it is awesome.

4. treegal1

yes, well I got 2 bloody knuckles from changing the diaphragms in my lesco C200, and I am out the 50$ in parts. so I dont want to talk about the *%^#$* hypro d403 now..........

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Treegal, sympathy for those bloody knuckles. Heal up soon. For the pump try using a socket wrench with a bit that fits the metric capscrews you have to take out. Buy it at a NAPA store. The screws need a 6 mm metric allen wrench, I think. Also cut off a metric wrench and file it down slightly until it fits in your electric screwdriver or reversable drill--almost fun after that. Also, be sure to loosen three out of four motor bolts--swing it out for full access and clearance.

6. treegal1

Riggle, I was going to cuss you out at the first 1/2 of the post for saying like I'm a standard girl type, no tool chick, or office girl, but then you said to swing it out and save the extra work. yep that seals it I am a bone head. I had all the tools but not the brains to swing it out on one bolt. ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

on the bright side it finally filled with oil after a drinking straw was added to the fill port/cup.

and it did last 2 years before some milk started in the bowl.... although the hypro guy said to do it every 4 months of run time, I ask if he was drunk, and then hung up, 4 months and new seals?????

Riggle thanks for the tip, that will save me the next time!!!!

oh sorry about the hijack

http://cgi.ebay.com/LESCO-300-GALLO...temQQimsxZ20090111?IMSfp=TL090111115007r16341

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lesco-Lawn-Spra...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  7. roccon31

roccon31 LawnSite Member

what is this tea sprayer attachment you speak of? is it a tip for the hose or is it something for inside the pump? i have an old reinco 600 gal mech agitated machine i may resurrect to spray tea with.

8. treegal1

its just to let you spray less tea from the large unit.

get that 600 fired up then you dont need to strain the tea, its like a tea.post app all at once

9. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

No it is a quick attachment that takes a 1.5 inch hose down to a .75 inch hose. Also the CT (.75 inches) hose is 200 to 300 ft vs a 100 to 150 ft (1.5 inch) hydro hose.

10. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Barefoot,

DO you just put the seed right into the tea or just use as a tea sprayer?