Computer and digital camera guru's HELP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric 1, May 15, 2004.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, i had about 20 great photos on my digital camera and when i went to upload them to the computer they were gone,poof, just disappeared. i know they were there, i took them, they were great photos that i will never be able to replace. So please Help, is there any way to get them back, or are they gone forever?:cry:
  2. Eric 1

Admin, sorry, i know its off topic, but please leave this in this forum so it will get views. Thanks.
  3. Hometown

Hometown LawnSite Member

What kind of camera was it. Did you have a media card of some kind in the camera?
    Were you abel to view the shots on the camera or not.
  4. Eric 1

Vivatar (el cheapo)
    No media card
    No the camera does not let you view the shots, but i know it took them because it tels the # of shots left and it decreased every time i used it, it also make alittle ''beep'' to let you know it took the shot.

Please somebody help before i throw this thing in the yard and mow it over.:angry:
  5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Eric, try and load some more onto the PC and see were they've been saved! (Save in) You might of just lost them! Ive done it before. Also, if you can load some more, they have a name like "img001jpg" as an example. Do a search in "My Computer" or "C Drive" using the name there given but alow for the lesser number because they were before the new ones. Hope that made sence and helps!
  6. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, I've done that too. Wasn't paying attention to what file they were being saved to and had to go through the same process as Mickhippy mentioned.
  7. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

Take it to Walmart. No seriously, my father-in-law had one of his media cards mess up and he couldn't download them to his computor. He took it to Walmart and they were able to get the pictures off and put them on a CD for him.
  8. snippy

snippy LawnSite Member

Yes even if you delete the pictures on a card they are still there until you take more pictures, then they get overwritten, camera shops can recover the deleted data as long as it hasn't been overwritten.
  9. Eric 1

Oh no, I took 1 more pic after this happend to see if the camera was still working.It did.

Do you think if i took it to a photo shop or wal mart would they still be able to get them on cd. Also would i have to leave the whole camera, cause they are not on a sperate card.
  10. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

buy a mac, and say goodbye to pc problems!:cool2: