Computer problems need help!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Bunton Guy, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought Microsoft Publisher XP 2002 so I could create better business supplies (ie businees cards,fliers,brochures etc..) I went to install it and it came up with a error actuall 2 errors first error said
    Error 25506. Microsoft Publisher 2002 requires updated system files not detected on your computer. You must install the system files update prior to installing publisher. C:\WINDOWS\MSAGENT\AGENTSVR.EXE

So I went of microsofts website and downloaded MS AGENT
    Went to Install MS publisher XP again and it didnt have the same error it had a new error at the end is the only change it says instead of that file listed above it says C:\programfiles\commonfiles\system\ado\msador15.dll is version 2.10.3711.3 when we require version 2.50.4403.4.

So I went online to see if I can d/l what im guessing is MS ADOR??
    I couldnt find anything about it I have no clue what this is or why I need it or how I can get it. I hope this isnt money wasted in this designing program. Just when I thought I would splurge and get the program it has all these obsticles to overcome. Im not a big computer guy I know enough to get me by so this stuff is over my head any ideas guys of where I can get this MS ADOR and d/l it? or why it would be popping up that error and if there is a way around it.

2. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

fastest fix might be to call the support number on your new software

3. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

Is the software you bought compatible with your operating system and does your computer meet all the requirements of the new software?

4. Bunton Guy

From what it says on the box it meets it.

5. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

If you have the correct version of Windows for the program and your computer meets all the system requirements, then you should not be getting all those error messages. Try the customer support number for the program.

6. Bunton Guy

I called tech support they wanted $$$ they charge by the minute. What a joke:blob2:

7. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

Box the program back up and take it back!

8. Bunton Guy

I called and Compusa wont take a opened package up they said as far as they know the program works...which im sure it does its a computer conflict. I called the tech support for the program they said its out of their hands because its not a problem with the program its a problem with a file missing that I have no clue what it is....so I called Gateway tech and they wanted $$$ to speak to me . $1,800 bucks well spent ??? NOT!

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

10. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

I cant' imagine spending that kind of money on a program and not getting free support for a limited time. I have bought $60 programs that came with free 30 day support. Have you registerd the product yet?