Computer problems need help!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Bunton Guy, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

If you paid for the software with a credit card, call the cc company and tell them you have a problem with the product and want them to help you resolve it with compusa.

2. Just do a google search with the missing file name. Or, if running some type of windows flavor, do a search either in your hard drive or cd rom. once found, right click, select copy, then paste INTO THE DIERECTORY that it should be in.Best yet, just uninstall the software, make sure your computer has all the latetest updates for your operating system from windows (microsoft)update, then re-install the software your trying to install.

Most of the time, just by doing the search on the cab files on the cd rom is enough. But you may have to search the oringal operating cd rom or recovery cd's
    John

3. Doburf@cs.com

Doburf@cs.com LawnSite Member
    from WV

Bunton Guy,
    Here is your answer and Good Luck!

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304907

PS.
    ActiveX Data Objects Rowset (ADOR)....I believe this is a control and not a program, so you won't find a download for it. You have to go into your computer and do as Microsoft suggests. It sounds like an easy fix, but I'm wondering if some of your other programs aren't going to act funny due to all of the warnings...Be Careful and read all the warnings as per the Microsoft site.
    ;)

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

first off do you have windows XP on your PC. im sure you do :)second have you downloaded all the latest XP updates for your OS

go here and scan for updates and download all the critical updates

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
    then try to install

5. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

I don't believe Comp USA told you that. I have returned opened software there on numerous occasions. Have to have the receipt and return it within 2 weeks.

6. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont have windows XP I have windows 98 but as per the qualifications on the side of the box it dosent say you have to have it as a requirment. My computer meets all requirments & thank you for all the info on that microsoft website it gets scary reading into that...I wasent so nervous about it untill I read into your post more and you said it could mess with my other programs. What do you think would cause this? From what I know it hasent affected any other programs on my computer it just has stopped me from installing this program.

7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

when was the last time you updated windows

8. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

the update should be on the disk look in the folders click it reboot then reinstall

9. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

You paid $1800 for a publisher prog? I would take that thing and ram it straight up comp usa's *****. When will bill gates finally have enough money?

Mark

10. SammyMH

SammyMH LawnSite Member

Is it fixed?

I use publisher and it is a lot easier to use than word when trying to create nice fliers.