computer programs?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawn dawg, Nov 5, 2002.

1. lawn dawg

lawn dawg LawnSite Member

Hello everyone;

I am finally jumping into the forum. My question is which computer program is the most popular for a smaller, one man business? Preferably, one that businesses in Ohio prefer, to keep records of pesticide applications, landscape installations, and mowing as well as the fundamental bookkeeping requirements.

I have been trying the Groundskeeper pro demo and it seems to be adequate for my needs. Anybody have an opinion on this software?

Clip is probably too much overkill for me at this point.

Doesn't seem to be very many other programs on the market.

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. SuperLawn

SuperLawn LawnSite Member

I have Lawn Monkey Pro Plus. 2002 Easy to use good supports nice people to talk to

3. kenneth parsons

kenneth parsons LawnSite Member

Do a forum jump and look at my thread from yesterday. I posted here and it has been moved to elements of business and yours will too!

4. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Search for my posts on GK Pro ... I have said it many times before, it is a great program for the small to medium sized LCO.

5. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

I use the Groundskeeper Pro, I think it is just fine for my needs. It's pretty simple to use.

6. lawn dawg

lawn dawg LawnSite Member

thanks everyone that replied. I knew I might get bumped but I wanted to hit the larger audience and get a current user opinion.
    By the way, I see the GKpro v.5 is $25.00 off until November 9. Something to ponder while I am waiting for my leaves to drop.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I am going to the GIE next week and I am looking forward to check all the different software there is to be offered in this industry. I know of all the major ones, but there might be others out there.

MATT