computer programs???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by byronky, Jun 2, 2004.

1. byronky

byronky LawnSite Member

wondering if anyone has any ideas on a good program for keeping business i order. company i use to work for had one that everyday printed out what is on the list for that day, also made billing easy.....any ideas?:confused: :confused:

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Gopher has that

3. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

byronky,

There are several routes you can go:

Quickbooks which handles the money side of things and then an add-on like qexpress or gopher.

Or something like Quicken Business for the money handling and an appointment type program to use in conjunction with it.

Or something like Lawn Monkey which does both in one program.

My brother used to use Lawn Monkey, but Alocet's customer service seems to have gone down the tubes. Alocet also makes qexpress.

I personally use Quicken and a calendar program. But it's just me so it works out ok.

In the future I'll upgrade to Quickbooks and probably Gopher, I wasn't too happy seeing what happened to my brother after he forked out about $700 for Lawn Monkey. And the gopher guy chimes in usually and answers questions on Lawnsite, something I've never seen Alocet do.

Good luck,

Matt

4. byronky

byronky LawnSite Member

never heard of Gopher, but appreciate the reply

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

6. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

ProVenture is pretty good for invoicing

Quicken also has good invoicing and banking software.

8. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We use QuickBooks Pro. I know the program pretty well, so I made a few modifications & built a custom report to track & schedule pending jobs. Not a big deal to accomplish.

I haven't worked too much with any Landscaping industry specific software except CLIP - which drove me insane. I've worked the accounting software for about 12 years though.

As long as you are not stocking inventory, QuickBooks is probably the best bang for the buck & the most user friendly. QB's inventory cost tracking has a lot to be desired.

LL's wife.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I love my Lawn Monkey!! Service has treated me ok, but I have not had to call upon them much. As far as paying for the updates....that wont happen again.

10. Palmer Lawn Care

Palmer Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Im currently working on one for my company. It will generate and print the invoices out monthly, keeps track of all my customers, can integrate with some online credit processors so if any body wants to pay via credit card they can, Schedule all regular and one time maintenence jobs, manage crews, print checks to pay your employees with, generate a route which will be made according to where your customer lives, and some other stuff that im too lazy to post.