1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Computer Software

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scweedman, Oct 30, 2004.

1. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used Lawn & Pest Assistant 3? Thinking of buying it for next year.
  2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I'm debating the same thing. Cost might make my decision to go with CLIPS unless someone can tell me that hands down the cost is worth it. Although, they are willing to finance or lease to own with the pest assistant. And what of the mapping assistant that goes with it?
  3. Darr57

Darr57 LawnSite Member

You should really check out Lawn Monkey and QXpress from Alocet.

Both are great programs that have worked well for me. Used Lawn Monkey for 4 years and am just switching over to QXpress.
  4. scweedman

How much are these programs?
  5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Clips is about 1000
    I looked up the QExpress 600-1200 plus add-on mapping
    Lawn and pest asst starts at 3000 for up to 500 customer data base and 2000 for mapping asst goes upwards of 10k plus mapping asst for unlimited cutomer base
  6. scweedman

WOW!!! No wonder pest a$$. looked so good. I need to look around are just keep
    doing what i'm doing.
  7. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have Lawn Monkey (paid $1200.00 I think) and cannot wait to replace it with something else!!
  8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

If you are already using Ouickbooks, check out their "Customer Manager". No need to re-enter data, just install and it picks up customer data base from QB. I use it for scheduling service. BTW "Greenskeeper Pro" is an other program that I use for pesticide customers only.

Microsoft Streets and Trips is a excellent Routing program. You must enter data for the first time. However you can store your routes and add to, or delete each new customer. It gives you the best route mapping each time you add to or delete from it. Streets and trips also prints a Map and route list to follow that is fairly Idiot proof.
  9. I use Microsoft's Office applications for all of that. Access is great for tracking customers, and generation invoices. Invoices are based on word documents. I even was able to install a barcode scanner very easily.
    MS MapPoint integrates easily with Access and after I took a class on it, I was able to automate my routing.

All the other programs out there where not a perfect match for me since all I do is lawn fertilizing and turf pest management. The cost of the pre-packaged systems made it worth it for me to take a class and build one myself.

It really isn't that hard to do.
  10. scweedman

Where do i find Customer Manager?