1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Concerning Ztr's...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mowbizz, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

Is it possible to avoid those nasty wheel marks on softer, moist, weaker lawns?
    I have no problems on strong turf but on a moist lawn with thin grass there doesn't seem to be a way to avoid them...I am new to ZTR's (started this summer). I have an Exmark Lazer HP and I love the mower. The obvious ways to avoid them is to make wider turns...or make turns off the lawn like a walk...any "finesse" techniques out there for a ZTR newbie?
    By the way I'm in the Northeast (NH).
  2. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

its all about control, just the right balance of forward and reverse on your turns, so that wheels never stop moving
  3. Mowbizz

Watching your rear wheels while mowing to see when you've started slipping the wheel? Most times I only see the "mark" after it's already happened. Again I'm talking about "slippery" situations, like wet, weak turf...
  4. Mowbizz

I have to apologize about starting this thread in BUSINESS MANAGEMENT...It should have been in COMMERCIAL...SORRY!!