1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Concrete demo

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Ferris1040, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Ferris1040

Ferris1040 LawnSite Member

Hey all! New here and just checking things out. Was wondering what concrete demo goes for? I need to sub out the demo of 520 sq ft of concrete that is 4" thick. Access to the area is easy.
    Thanks!

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Some losers around here will do it for a dollar a foot. Where are you located? I would do it for a grand hauled away
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ferris1040

Thanks but I'm in Ohio...

4. Ferris1040

So I guess around $2 per foot is typical?

5. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Grand sounds about right. Depends on access and if there is rebar.

6. alldayrj

I'm assuming its a driveway or patio of some sort. rent a skid steer, use the forks and get a 10 yd roll off delivered. should be done by lunch and pocket the $$$

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

What does a skid and roll off with dump fee run in your area?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. alldayrj

I pay 500 for 20 yarders of concrete. A job that small i would haul myself, i dump concrete for 20/ load and thats probably 2 loads. I try an get 500 for the bobcat and operator for a day.

Its hard when these bums on craigslist advertise 60/hour with no minimum or 300 for the day
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Around here a 20 yarder is 375 for 2 tons, 99 a ton after. Bobcat is 450 without an op. Only way I see money is owning the dumptruck and bobcat. A thousand would be way light if you had to rent everything. This is all assuming it breaks up without a hammer or any rebar to cut.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. alldayrj

Everyone does it differently. Around here everything is by the yard. Most places don't even have scales.

Thats why i would do it for a grand with my truck and machine.

Where are you located? Can't see on mobile
    Posted via Mobile Device