1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Concrete Demolition and Removal

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by saktate, Dec 9, 2005.

1. saktate

saktate LawnSite Member

What should I expect to pay to have a 4 inch concrete slab (no mesh), 5500 square feet, demolished and removed? This slab is 30 years old.
  2. saktate

saktate LawnSite Member

Got a quote for $10,000. I'll have to find a way to do this for much less.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

How much does a 20 pund sledgehammer, a sweatband, and a dumpster rental cost??

Just Kidding, i would rent a backhoe loader, break it up with the backhoe, then scoop it up into a rental dumpster with the loader. I don't know the cost to rent this for, lets say a week for your purposes, and then the price for the dumpster.

Another question, is this for cleanup from the hurricane, i noticed you are in New Orleans.
  4. saktate

saktate LawnSite Member

Yes, this is for hurricane cleanup. I'm 30 miles east of New Orleans but working in Baton Rouge for now. Can't do the job myself and remain employed!

Got another estimate for $4500, signed the contract and the two man team are at work as I type. One man operates a bobcat with 300 lb hammer and the other runs bobcat with FEL. They have two trailers on the property. Looks like they will finish in three days.