Concrete slab quote

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Sep 14, 2012.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

What would you charge for a 35 x 50 slab with 5 inches 4000 psi concrete, rebar, plastic and 4 inches stone. No footers. No grading, just level the rock, rebar, plastic and cut.

The Concrete here is about 120.00yard. the stone is 21.00 a ton.curious what I should expect to pay. The first quoate was quite offensive.

2. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just guessing, I would think that a contractor could make a fair profit if it was in the neighborhood of $6,500-$7K. That would be around a $2K+ profit minus labor, and a good small crew could knock that out in less than a day. Concrete prices are all over the place in my experiences working around many different crews. I would get estimates from several different competent contractors. I'm sure at least one will be over $10K.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Anywhere from 4.00 and up per sqsf.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

i wouldn't do it for less than 6/foot with bar, stone, plastic etc. so 10,500. cash.

5. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

+1

I probably wouldn't get it though. There's too many chumps around here willing to work for wages.

6. AWJ Services

from Ga

Here the materials will be about 4500.00 .

7. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

If it were my job, or my house for that matter, I would prepare the slab with help from a couple laborers, order concrete and have a crew come in and pour it. I have a crew here that will pour for a buck a foot (sometimes less) and hand tool the joints. If the project called for sawcut joints I'd do them myself, since I have a saw.

8. alldayrj

Yup. People are crazy especially when it comes to concrete. I have literally laughed in a customers face after hearing the other prices they received.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. AWJ Services

from Ga

The construction industry is so bad around that prices I can charge are equal to what was being paid in the year 2000. So I was really shocked that the first bid the guy had 6000.00 dollars profit in a less than 2 day job? I know the cost of living is higher up North than here so I do take that into account with every ones posts.

10. alldayrj

with concrete, there is no do overs. That responsibility is expensive. Also skilled concrete finishers want to work for 300 or 500 per day
    Posted via Mobile Device