concrete steps what do you think?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by buckhunterjb, May 3, 2014.

1. buckhunterjb

buckhunterjb LawnSite Member

this guy wants these steps repoured they are old and starting to chip away like crazy.. what would anyone suggest pour over them ? or cut them off and start fresh from the landing by the door? the landing is also rough so he wants me to cut 6 inches off the top of the landing and repour that. any suggestions and a ball park price. ?? thank you.
    [​IMG]

2. buckhunterjb

I figured about 3/4 of a yard repouring them and the little slab on the bottom but not sure if poring over them is the best option?

3. M&L

M&L LawnSite Member

When it comes to hardscaping, if you have to ask, I think you need to sub it out
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. buckhunterjb

Haha . Ok pro youve never asked a question ??. I can do concrete i was looking for suggestions. On if it would be better to pour over the stairs or start completely fresh. But thanks for ur advice !
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Pour over???

So the new pour can crack, or water can seep in and freeze and thaw?

For those small steps, just take them out and make new. Keep it simple my friend

6. buckhunterjb

that's what I was kind of leaning towards. it is for a buddy and he wants to try and save money but I told him we should do it the right way and cut them out. thank you

7. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Pour overs happen every day and the world doesnt end, you just need enough cover so it isnt brittle. They arent settling or sinkin right? Someone just got crazy with the ice melt
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Very poor RJ.

People cheat on their spouse every day and the world doesn't end. Somebody just got bored. So it must be ok to do it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Great analogy. Remind me again of your vast experience in concrete?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I think they could be resurfaced, and there would be some life to them, but I would recommend pulling them out.