1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Concrete weeds

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Reliable Lawn Care, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I was wondering if any of you have used " Soil Sterite" , spelling maybe off. I am taking care of a large concrete lot, where the weeds will start coming up between the cracks. Wondering what you feel would be the best to use besides round up. We want to spray all the cracks before weeks start and something that will last most of the season.
    Thanks for any imput

2. Reliable Lawn Care

Sorry, "before weeds start"

3. no_longer_lurker

no_longer_lurker LawnSite Member

there is a produce, i think its called ProDuece. it is glysophate (round up) and prodiamine (barricade)

It will give you a pretty good residual (figure about 90 days)

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I like to mix surflan and round-up. Yellow dye in surflan makes it easier to see where it goes. Lasts about 5-10 years!!!

5. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Pramitol or I think the other one is Sahara. They are Ground Sterilants...don't get them anywhere near water.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Or anything you don't want dead for an extended period of time for that matter.

7. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Liquid Cement works pretty well

8. Reliable Lawn Care

I agree, but the customer doesn't want the die to show up. And I also agree about not being near water. There is no worry about water or run off in this situation. I appreciate the anwsers everyone has given. Options are great to have so I can choose the smartest application. Have a great weekend.

9. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

We do a few lots and the biggest problem early season is knotweed and later on as it gets hot ,is spurge . I prefer to spray twice a year .But you can mix in a good pre m or something like produece .( dont know the cost) . most sterlants are not lableled for commmericial properties or have warning statement about applying eminant run off surfaces .Those two weed will survive baking hot temps and high traffic but not gly. .

10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i cant stand pramitol, very over rated and old chemistry.. i lke hyvar xl. the problem with the soil sterilents is the amount of product need, and the fact they take forever to kill any existing weeds. i have found and always bid on more then one appication. i'd submit a bid for atleast two applications, schedule the first one in the early spring and use a pre-m product, then the next with a post/pre-m product. prodamine/aquacap/dimension all are colorless so you don't need to worrey and all do a great job. pramitol has a very rich odor, hyvar is much less and more plesent. round up has almose none, prodamine/aquacap/dimension are not that noticable either.