1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Conditions in LA and area

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by greywynd, Sep 13, 2005.

1. greywynd

greywynd LawnSite Member

Ok guys (and gals), here's something I can use some help with. I'm looking for information on current conditions in Louisiana and area.

Here's the scoop....on occasion I do some work to help out some of the animal rescue groups. One of the women involved in these groups is trying to co-ordinate an effort to re-locate some of the animals affected by Katrina. She has approached me (and others as well) to help with this, with the possibility of myself and others with horse trailers to go to LA and pick up animals, bringing them back here to Ontario to foster homes.

One of the main things that I'm trying to find out is what driving conditions are like down that way.....whether most of the interstates are passable, gas is available (or not) etc......

If we can put something together, we would also try to co-ordinate it with a delivery of supplies at the same time. No sense sending trucks/trailers empty, now is there?

2. greywynd

greywynd LawnSite Member

Sorry, I just realized that I should have posted this in the off-topic forum....in a bit of a hurry and thought that's where I was. Anyway, no information or thoughts yet?