1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Condo Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zurfsturfcare, Oct 18, 2007.

1. zurfsturfcare

zurfsturfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, im not asking for your help, i know everyones overhead is different and i know what mine is. But i'm bidding a condo job(which i know some can be a pain) I have one set of condos now so i know what they can entail. Just wondering what you guys would charge or try to charge for a job this size.

There are 30 owners in 17 condos. The average yard size is 7000 sq ft. (6912 to be exact.) That is per owner. The requirements are:
    Grass to be mowed (mulched, if not bagged)
    Edge Drives and walks weekly with trimmer, bi-weeekly with edge
    Clear debris from walks and drives

I dont think I'll get this one anyways, the current lco is a guy and a nissan p/u with a small homeowners riding mower and a couple of push mowers. I highly doubt he is even insured. :hammerhead:
  2. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I don't maintain and condos, but I'm assuming by how you described it that they are all individual? I would break it down as if I had to mow one, i would charge $30, and since you only have to stop once to mow them all I would probably charge around $25 each, multiplied by 30 units...which equals $750...if I did my math correctly..

If you end up having to bag all those I would probably charge more..atleast another hundo maybe even $150

I'm assuming you could probably do them all in one day or less with another guy
  3. zurfsturfcare

those are about my numbers too, i figured 2 guys prolly 6 hours a guy, 12 man hours total. hopefully thats about right
  4. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Are there 17 yards or 30 yards? Is there common areas? How difficult are they to mow. Why 12 man hours. Pretty small. Seems like maybe 15-20 minutes per unit. Maybe less when no edging required. Easy job. Is it a 12 month job. Are you quoting by the cut or by the month. Is it a 12 month contract or 8.
  5. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

17 yards at 6k sq feet with no drive time I figure 1 guy can do in about 5 hours or less
  6. zurfsturfcare

its not difficult mowing, just the mowing is very choppy, no open mowing at all very string like grass patterns. the contract is per cut, its for the year 2008, its in ohio so that could mean an 8 month or 11 month year, ya never know up here
  7. zurfsturfcare

there are common areas but the whole property has 207360 sq ft of mowing surface, which is 6912 on average for each owner.(they want a cost per owner too)