1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Condominium Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jtkplc, Dec 29, 2004.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

For next year, I got a contract for a condominium complex with 23 buildings and two units per structure, so 46 homes. There are the backs to all of the buildings, front and side yards to all buildings with 3 larger areas of grass, (1) 250x250ft, (2) 100x500ft, (3) 150x150ft. By that info, what would your bid be for the whole year including spring and fall clean-ups?
  2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

about $405 just for mowing...cleanups would be something totally different. I would have to actually see the property with the leaves to give that estimate.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

These usually include fertilize, flowers, sprinkler checks, bush trimming, beds weeded/sprayed. And what about mulch and pest/disease control for yard and bushes? And how many mowings and you can't wait weeks for leaves to come down they need to be addressed weekly and you usually don't get any extra beyond just a mowing charge.
  4. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

That seems very cheap. I come up with a much higher figure just to mow, let alone fertilize, seed etc....
  5. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

just for mowing, edge, trim the 3 big areas you gave numbers for $ 418.39 weekly .. but is this the whole property or are those number just the 3 big areas you were talking about.
  6. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

i plant art,
    how did u calculate that number? just curious
  7. PLM-1

I got mine by getting the total sq ft and multiplying by .003 which is my rate.
  8. PLM-1

what did you come up with out of curiosity. what is your rate for mowing and then your rate for fert. i've been trying to find a good rate for fert...thanx

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i just picked up a small condo complex in nov and it 1.5 acres and i get $125 for mowing and 200 for fert . then i get 500 for a leaf clean up that only takes me and another guy 3 hours. i did 2 since mid nov when i got the place. they always want extras too.
  10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

A good rate for a 6app program is $25 stop charge plus $3 per K.