condos

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Feb 15, 2001.

1. i am 18 years old and want to get into a condo complex in my area. i am incorporated and have all necessary insurance. manpower i am not worried about, equipment i can buy. here is the two things though. one: i work for a guy that owns one of these town houses he tells me that the contract to do (snow plowing for 50 driveways plus 2 roads, 44 lawns plus 5 or so islands, fertilize and clean-up everything) is 50,000 for the year. i went in there with three other people. i wrote out some numbers that came to about 120,000 they all said that those were good numbers and that nobody can make money at 50,000 yet the guy is stressing it. here is the other thing: this same guy who owns the townhouse says that the maintenance contract is up in january. so i went to him and said that i would like to bid. gave him my proposal, went there the other night and he says that it is not time for the bids to go in yet. today is i think 2/15/01 i went there 2/11/01 and it wasnt time to put the bid in yet. that would mean that they were without a contract for about a week or so. the guy is telling me not to worry, yet i do. what do you guys think?

2. tazman

tazman LawnSite Member

I think the guy is yanking your chain. He wants to get the lowest price and using your numbers probably against other bidders. Just my opinion.