condo's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stumpgrinder, Sep 5, 2007.

1. stumpgrinder

stumpgrinder LawnSite Member

I have a chance to bid on lawn cutting at a condo complex of about 35 acre's of grass. Granted there's obstacles in the way, like bushes and tree's. What do you think should be the bid?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

$3920.41 thats my bid

3. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess what smarty is trying to say is ask a stupid question get a stupid answer.
    Need much more info.
    Just one example from NJ.
    Two townhouse dev. Both have 17 acres of grass.
    Just maintenance and fert programs.
    One 42.5K per year
    the other 31K.
    One has many beds, walks, and driveways, and small grass areas(42.5)
    The other large grass areas, no driveways and minimal common area landscaping.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

no that was not a stupid answer, when i get calls on the phone that just want a fast price and they give me sq. ft. i multiply by.0035 thats the price,35 acres is a lot i mean a lot of grass to mow so i dont think that is a bid thats to far out,might be a little high but not by much. 42.5k % 12 = $3541.00 - fert maybe im low your bid for 17 acres is close to mine a 35 with no fert.

5. bodisatvah

bodisatvah LawnSite Member

can you explain how you figured 3920.41 ?
    i tried the math per sq ft. 35 acres x 43560 sq ft per acre = 1524600 sq ft
    1524600 sq ft x .0035 = $5336.1

is that price per month ?

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Simple, The way I priced our condo's was hourly. I dont know how some of these guys price stuff per sqft. No one property is the same. How long is it gonna take you to mow trim edge and clean up? How many guys are you going to need? Then do the math. Dont make it harder than it is.

7. sachris

sachris LawnSite Member

what would be a close figure for maint. of a property that is getting 22750 yrds of sod laid out???