Conference calls regarding mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Mar 30, 2006.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I received a call yesterday, wondering what mowers I use and if I'd be interested in taking part in a conference call next week regarding mowers.

I know last year, a couple of times I was called, and took part in 2 surveys which lasted about 15-20 minutes, as to which mowers I'd use, which mowers I'd not use, what I like about certain mowers, what I don't like about other mowers, yada yada yada....

Anyone else get these calls???

Anyone ever take part in a conference call?? Or better yet, next Wed, April 5th, are you going to be part of the conference call??

2. Rev. Crabgrass

Rev. Crabgrass LawnSite Member

I get some calls like that but not many and it hasn't happened in a while.

REV.

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would just hang up on them because I'm not talking for 20 mins on a phone doing a survey:sleeping:

4. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

I got the same call....actually it was kind of a strange call, asking if I would take part in a conference call to discuss exmark mowers....I still don't understand exactly what they are wanting????

5. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I received the same thing last year and was told if I did it they would set up a demo of a full trailer of exmark mowers for a week. I said heck yea!! I wasted two hours and never got to demo the mowers they promised me. I called back several time but still no demo,it seems to be a scam,I even decided to buy a Lazer after that and they still kept blowing me off..

6. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Yeah I've gotten a couple of those calls but usually turn them down. I should take part one time just to see what it's all about.

Buck