Confrontational tennant...beat my WHAT?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WildWest, Jul 29, 2005.

1. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, two days ago, I'm mowing a lawn at a rented house her in florida. I mow for a property management company. I edged, the got the mower going, I always start on the right side of the driveway and carefully cut in around the house.... well in the driveway is a 03' 04' or 05' Ford Harley Davidson edition f-150. It was 4 feet away from me in the center of the driveway and my chute was pointing away from the truck. As i'm coming back around a good 30 feet from the truck, here's this big black fella, throwing his hands up at me and waving at his truck saying something that I couldn't hear. So I shut the mower down to see what the problem was (I could tell there was a problem because of the frown on his face.) He proceeded to say to me "what the F"ing hell are you doing", You drove past my truck pointing your chute at my truck, You better not have scratched my truck, I told him I did not point my chute at his truck and that it was pointing the opposite direction, he start gettin' up in my grill..."don't lie to me, look at my truck" I took my glasses off and said "look Mr. I didn't point my chute at your truck, the breeze carried some clippings onto it, but i'll blow them off when i'm done."
    He says "Mr., Hell, If theres a damn scratch on my truck, i'm gonna beat your as$ right now,"
    At this point All I was thinking was, Knees, nuts, throat, eyes. He was a big boy, but I was as ready as I could be. (it was weird, the adrenaline wasn't even flowing.... I was more pissed that he was threatening me over DRY GRASS on his OVERPRICED TRUCK!)
    Anyway, all he ended up doing was pull it out in the street and telling me to "do what I gotta do". I finished the job and left.

Has anyone else ran into a situation like this before?

Oh, how I wished I was packing at that moment!
  2. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

Just goes to show ya how damned stupid people are , If He had a once of commen sence they would have known that if the chute was pointed in the direction of his , STUPID Harley ford , It would have been plasterd with grass , Scratch's WTF did ya buy a truck for . I buy mine to work they get scracthed some SO F&&&&ing what, Man ughhhhhhhhhhhhh omg some days ya just want to punch the living **** outta someone that stupid dont ya . Why In hell anyone would spend extra money on a Ford harley truck heck i could make my red/grey 89 f-150 a harley , Just run to the nearest dealer and buy harley stickers ,
  3. davhul

davhul LawnSite Member
    from Gray,Ga

I use mine as a work truck, pulls my trailer real good being super charged.It was that or a f-250,btw I love the interior.I know i'll get beat down for this
  4. davhul

davhul LawnSite Member
    from Gray,Ga

you have to have proof of purchase to buy harley stickers and emblums
  5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

hooked a big tow strap to the bumper and then to the front of my Chevy Kodiak and drag that lame ford down the street with the guy chasing after it. Then I would tell the guy to get lost and get a real truck. This would leave the drive way empty and I would finish the job.
  6. Mower63

Mower63 LawnSite Member

Almost as much fun when some dumb a$$ in a brand new S500 Mercedes parks it in the down....while we're mow'in 12" high and dry bahia....wind blowing in direction of get the picture.

Comes by the truck 20min later screaming about how we f'ed up his car and we have to pay....yuk, yuk. I asked him if he used up all his intelligence getting the money to buy the car! He said...what the f !!! You owe me $150 for detailing on...ranting and raving...

I asked him to kindly leave and if he needed some instructions for parking I'd draw him one on a napkin since he obviously was too stupid to have any real brains....just fueling the fire....I had to stop egging him on 'cause I thought his big beet red face might blow and he'd have a heart attack or something. We packed up the truck and drove away waving....haw, haw. That was a fun day....and we got paid for the job (I guess he wasn't the owner).

I'll tell you I'd have been pretty scared with some big ol' boy staring me down and threating bodily harm....keep the blades engaged if you have to run 'em down I say....
  7. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, with freakin morons like that the best thing to do is just let them rant and go on your way unharmed and not in jail. You never know with a holes like that. Of course, revenge is always a dish best served cold.
  8. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

I was mowing the other day and this lady was chasing me though the yard. so i stoped and she starts in on how this tiny piece of wire came out from under my deck and hit her in the face. the wire was perfectly straight. not to mention it would have been thown over 50 feet. this wire was about just under the thickness of a paperclip. very thin. so i look at her and say.... i bet that hurt didnt it. fired it back up and went on my way.
  9. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

One thing to always keep in mind when mowing multi unit dwellings is that it only takes one azz to stir a stink. Most off these inconsiderate aa's live there and aren't going away. Their the ones that pay the landlords mortgage. Your the one the landlord has to pay. A lot of times its hard to work for morons who throw cigerettes all over the lawn along with beer cans and such. They park on the grass even though they know its the day we mow. Some days I would like to knock on their door and throw their cigs right in their face and knock some sense into them with their beer bottle.
  10. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

She was obviously lying if she didn't respond to that. So I have to say, GOOD JOB!