Confronting a Coward!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jan 25, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I recently received a letter in the mail post marked for myself that a LCO send me from this web site. The coward didn't put his/her address on the evenlope and I think that if you are a real professional why don't you talk to me in person instead of hiding behind a letter.

The letter claimed that I target other lawn care companies. Sorry to tell you but I don't. If my marketing material happens to go to your customers and they choose me, that is your fault not mine. It isn't my fault that your services are poor and they want a professional to do the work. It isn't my fault that I do quality work and you do piss poor.

If you are realy professional I want the coward to respond to this post.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I can assume that it came from someone in Michigan.

3. tiedeman

from earth

Yes, someone in the Central Michigan area

4. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

How silly..............Both the letter and Your post......This really should be a paysite......

5. tiedeman

from earth

When you receive a letter in the mail from a web site forum, that means someone has went to a great deal in printing off the forum and going to the mail box and mailing it to me. How silly....wait til someday you receive a letter in the mail from another LCO claiming that you are taking away their customers...then you can have something to say...until then, SHUT UP!!!!

6. NC Big Daddy

Yes....I'm trying to take his customers....And?.........Sounds like that LCO has nothing better to do than to play games....My point is...Dont worry about......Get busy taking his and everyone else's customers..... simple really......

7. tiedeman

from earth

Sorry about jumping into your face about it...it just really upsets me that someone would send a letter to my house, not the business address claiming that I took his customers. Once again I am sorry about it.

8. NC Big Daddy

No problem..........dont take these things so personal. It only means you're getting some of their customers and under their skin. :D
    Just keep in mind.......Remember..........It's Customer Service that keeps customers:blob4:

9. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Well since I have been threatened bodily harm for being awarded an Industrial contract that the prior LMO thought took away his bread and butter throwing him into the soup line years back -- and a clean up a couple of seasons ago took away Christmas for a former clients children (???), I think that your justified to be upset by the accusations against you --- IF your not guilty and its just part of business???

Each and every spring people will solicit neighborhoods we service, and our clients save the pamphlets and fliers for us to see (comical or not). If its later than the initial "invitation" to bid many throw out there the first few weeks of the year and you are still soliciting areas by placing materials on properties who have been recently cut than YES you ARE stomping the toes of your competition.

Throughout the year, people will quite often try to increase their client base and expand their list of clients for add-on services. If you’re posting fall aeration flyers out amongst the neighborhoods during the summer, that’s simply part of you expanding your client base IMHO. If someone confronts you that’s an easy “Sorry, didn’t know you guys did that too”, doesn’t make it right but at least your not trying to take his mowing when he just cut the lawn yesterday.

When people overreact to a situation and become confrontational it usually means one of two things in my mind:
    A.) Your GUILTY as Charged, therefore the attitude --OR--
    B.) The lack of knowledge on how to conduct yourself professionally shines through because of your age.

Just my .02

10. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I understand that you are upset. However, I do not think this site is the place to air dirty laundry. At the very least, getting more with honey than vinegar may have been the proper aproach. A simple post asking who sent you the letter would have been more than sufficient. And like NC Big Daddy said.... don't sweat the small stuff - not worth your time.