Confusing Service Cancellation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowHouston, Jul 16, 2008.

1. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I get a call from a customer today. First thing he does is say he's cancelling because I didnt service his lawn today (which I did earlier this afternoon.

He comes back saying, no you didnt. I assured him that I mowed his lawn and he goes "One sec" (guess he looks outside) then goes, "Okay, you did, but I'm still canceling service. I'm going to find a local guy.

I let him know that I am local.

He says. "I'm just going to cancel service"

"For no reason?" I asked him.

And he says yes.

I give up and end the call. I hated doing that townhome backyard with a trimmer anyhow.

What a goober huh? Any theories as to why he would just cancel? Maybe he didn't look at his lawn and when I said I had been there he just felt stupid or something.

Weird thing is (this guy is biweekly) and last week he asked me if I was coming out to mow his lawn, when I had just done it the previous week.

I dunno.
  2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't even waste your time trying to fathom what goes through a customer's mind...
  3. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

:hammerhead: UPDATE :hammerhead:

He JUST called back and said "Hey, I'm sorry about what I said, I was upset about something else. Can you please keep me on the schedule?"

Strange. Maybe he just had a bad day.

My girlfriend thinks he has a brain injury (her profession)
  4. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, don't take up space in your brain as to why people act like idiots.