1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mikekinney, Aug 4, 2005.

1. mikekinney

mikekinney LawnSite Member

Hi to all you LawnCare pro's, When you guy's have problems with Business issue's and you look for your Congressmen or Congresswomen to address them
    and you get nothing but the run around what do you do? My Congressmen don't have town hall meetings so I can't even address them to him on the subject of concerns. Do you guy's and girl's ever go to your Congressmen town hall meetings?

Just a Small Businessmen with lots of concern's.

2. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

im pretty sure just to get near a congressman in NJ you'd have to make a donation to the party....
  3. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

most of them aren't worth your time anyways ... c
  4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Have you tried talking to your local town/city politicians? They most likely know your congressman and how to get in touch. Have you tried talking to your local Chamber of Commerce also? When I was first starting, I met the local Chamber of Commerce president basically by accident, and he was great in giving me ideas about my business, local resources that were available, and other information.

A lot of politicians LOVE to talk to / meet people about issues, especially if it is something that they are working on, and if they can get publicity out of it (sorry, a little jaded there). If you can get together with some fellow business owners to approach politicians, then you have a better chance of being heard.

Good Luck!