Conklin Lawn Care Products

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by andy'slawncare, Feb 6, 2007.

1. andy'slawncare

andy'slawncare LawnSite Member

I was thinking about signing up with them this spring. I would buy all my chemicals though them and would be all liquid. The guy that i talked to said he only sprayed two times a year once in the spring and once in the fall after labor day. The spring one would have broad leaf,Pre emergent, and fertilizer and mixed together. What are the pros and cons of going all liquid or even just two apps a year?
    thanks,
    Andy

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Liquid fert is fine, but what kind of results your looking for? with only 2 apps per year you will have problems with summer weeds. I personally do 6 apps and dont like to do less that 4. its just too long between visits.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If it sounds too good to be true. You have just talked to a great salesman. How much nitrogen would you be putting down. What weed killer? What pre emergent? What is the percentage of slow release.

4. andy'slawncare

I was talking to a guy that has been using the product for the past 20 years. But it just hard to believe only two apps would be enough for the full year would think sometime during the summer would have to do something. He said sometimes in the summer would just go out and put some fertilizer down but not very often and the customers where happy with the results. He also had more that 1,000 accounts in the area. I am not sure on the details for what the chemicals where called will post that up at the end of the week. Has anyone used there product?

5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

kinda shooting yourself in the foot on only 2 apps. say a customer that gets 6 apps pays $500yr, and you offer 2 apps at $500, i don't think they will go for it and the service calls will eat you up, being your only their twice per year. you can buy a pre-m for broadleaf weeds, but it is very expensive. if i remember correctly, i read about him in a trade magazine.

6. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

JMHO, but I would run away.. If this is their website, it certainly looks like an MLM type deal to me. They only have a couple of products that I saw, and no herbicides. If they want you to sign up and buy all of your chemicals from them, that's a red flag to me. Be very, very skeptical and make sure you have ALL and I mean ALL the facts before you go further with this one. Skilled MLM salesmen can be very persuasive, but get all the facts and don't let him spin things and side step real questions.

7. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Yes andy we use conklin products. but in WV we do 3 apps the summer is a little longer than in MN. I know the gentalman you are talking to and yes he only does 2 apps. We get very good results and like the products very much.Conklin has fertilizers adjuvants micro and secondary nutrients and biological products

8. andy'slawncare

CHARLES CUE you have used the products that i am talking about? Do you get get some good results with them? Do you have problems with call backs since you only do three a year and your in a longer growing season then up here in Minnesota. To everyone else thanks for the advice i could also go with Lesco as a supplier. I just got my license this past fall and would like to get with a company that will teach me some of the ropes in the business.

9. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

It does look like a MLM. if it is the prices would probably be much higher than buying from a regular fert distributor.

10. ncmark

ncmark LawnSite Member

Lose weeds. Ask me how! :laugh: