1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Connecticut Licensing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Markf, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Would anybody from Connecticut be able to help me? I wish to become licensed to put down pesticides and fertilization. The problem is I cannot get a straight answer from the state or others in the business. I am assuming that pesticides needs a license because of the web site. But there is absolutely nothing said of fertilization or pre-emergent applications. Please help.
  2. Emerscape

Emerscape LawnSite Member

i am interested in the same thing as well. Im originally from Litchfield CT and moved to Abington MA this past year. I just returned home from taking the Massachusetts Applicators License exam and now need to go take it in CT. I talked to someone from lesco who said i would in fact need a license in CT (i still have clients there) and that it was in fact harder than the MA one because it is both written and oral. Did you try the Connecticut Department of Agriculture? Im gonna look into it more tonight and Ill keep you updated
  3. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

Where abouts in litchfield, i live in the area.
  4. Envi-Lawn

Envi-Lawn LawnSite Member
    from CT

Call CT DEP in Hartford -Pesticide Management Div. Brad Robinson is the dept.head. Classes are offered throughout the state to help you.
    Licensing is needed for any pesticide application including roundup and pre emergent. Do not apply any pesticide w/o a license. First offense in CT. is up to $1000.00 After you are licensed you can apply OTC and RU pesticides in CT
  5. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

prep classes are offered @ East Haven Landscape from Uconn. Give them a call. Good Luck!
  6. Markf

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. :waving:
  7. Emerscape

hey lawnandplow42,
    I am originally from New Preston CT but moved up to the south shore of boston about a year and a half ago. My parents still live there and I still go home alot..its hard to move somewhere else if your used to the litchfield county kind of living.. if your from litchfield then you probably know JCL Pro Tree. My cousin jamie owns that.
  8. Emerscape

is the CT license the same test as the Massachusetts test or is it harder? Lesco told me it was a written and oral.. Mass was just 125 questions of multiple choice
  9. broske

broske LawnSite Member

I just passed my 3a ornamental&turf I thought it was easier than the arborist test which is a written exam,identification if you pass the i.d. you have take an oral exam.The 3a is written and then an oral exam.Study alot and if you take the course at east haven landscape it is a big help.Good luck
  10. Markf

I am glad I revisited the thread. Thanks for the info.