Connecticut Test Is Hard

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DizneyWorld, Jun 20, 2005.

1. DizneyWorld

DizneyWorld LawnSite Member
    from ma

Took the commercial app. license last wed. It’s a tough test, 150 questions. The hardest part is that you have 4 choices and you have to choose all the correct answers. I don’t think I did too well but I want to see how the test was set up and questions and material to study.

2. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

Come to Florida and try ours. One of the hardest in the U.S.

3. broske

broske LawnSite Member

Hopefully you passed i just passed mine this year.and if you think one is tough try the arborist test.good luck.

4. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I have both ornamental and turf and arborist. If you think written is hard wait till you take the oral!

5. Quail Creek LC

Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

I'm glad to see that the tests are hard for folks. That way every person who walks in the door, doesnt walk out with a license in hand. There are alot of guys that have a license that should not. All it takes is some serous studying of your core manuals for your state.

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

atak

I'll second that for florida. it took me twice to pass the floirda test L/O. I took the Household pest test 3 times before I gave up. I took it while I worked at Disney they were paying so I did not mind trying...

I stopped renwing my florida Lic last year...I figured the Increasing fees and having to sit infront of a computer for the CEU's was getting old...

Wasn't the florida test 250 Multiple choice and about 100 open answer (ID and labels) 1/2 of tests. gotta have 75 or better and fail one section fail them all If I remember correctly. that was 10 years ago though....

7. DizneyWorld

DizneyWorld LawnSite Member
    from ma

I'm glad to see that the tests are hard for folks. That way every person who walks in the door, doesnt walk out with a license in hand. There are alot of guys that have a license that should not. All it takes is some serous studying of your core manuals for your state.

Barriers of entry to the market are a plus in my eyes too. Anyone can mow a lawn and rake leaves or put dirt in a wheelbarrow. That is on reason why I want the certification because it is another degree of separation from the mower man persona. And I will soon have a 4-year degree in business management.

8. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

Good job and good luck.

9. broske

broske LawnSite Member

The connecticut arborist test also involves a tree i.d..You have to i.d. 20 tree out of a list of 40 if you pass that you take the oral exam.Took one time for me but it was very nerve racking.o&t is a written and then an oral exam.So study,study,study.