1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Considering a Gravely Convertible

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by clyde, Jun 6, 2012.

1. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

I found one for a little bit of nothing. 80's model i am guessing. Has the bushhog attachment on it. Is it worth it?

I am concerned about getting parts... I don't want to have a job and it take 6 months to get something.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Great machines. Every part you could ever need is available, you just have to know whee to get them, as most Gravely dealers know nothing about those tractors.
    THat tractor will run forever. I have the tractor my grandfather bought in 1954, and it runs great.

3. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

soooo where do you get parts? any links you could provide?

Thanks

4. JABBERS

JABBERS LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I love these mowers, very strong and durable. Look on you tube for many videos. I used one to plow a foot of snow with no problems. I slipped on the ice and it drug me about 10 feet.

5. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 5665 model. The Kohler engine let go on it and sold it for parts. Everything else on the machine is bullet proof. I bought it used with a ton of hours on it and served me well for years. Parts are super expensive if they do break though.