Considering a Snapper

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by burlap, Aug 12, 2005.

1. burlap

burlap LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have a chance to buy a snapper 25 hp 61 in. ZTR. I think it is the Kawasaki engine with the dual steering levers. It's 3-4 years old used on a 1-2 acre lot. Is there anything about that mower that I should check in particular? Apparently it has a balky starter. Any bad experiences with this mower? Thanks, Burlap

2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hey Burlap,
    I don't think that mower can be any older then 3 years as this is the 3rd year of production on the twin stick models from Snapper. That's according to my dealer. I have the 52" 21hp Kaw Snapper Pro Fastback and love it. Absolutely no problems with it, this is my second season with it and would add another in a heartbeat. It's the least talked about, must under-rated mower out there I think.

Buck

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Our two biggest LCO run snappers and last time I talked with them have had zero problems. I think snapper has greatly improved as of lately from what Ive heard.

4. hornet506

hornet506 LawnSite Member

Demo a grasshopper.

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Maybe you should demo a Snapper.

I too own a 52 inch .

Too my knowledge it is the only Mower that can go from Mulching too Side discharging in less than Ten minutes.I swap between mulching and side discharging while I am in the field.
    It is wonderful too go from mulching a bermuda lawn too mowing a 3 acre field with 18 inch tall grass all in the same day.