Considering Marketing to Organic Clients

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by BD Bone, Apr 16, 2007.

1. BD Bone

BD Bone LawnSite Member
    from USA

Any suggestions? We are considering this as a possible route to market towards as we are in an area of the country and a community that is very "organic" based. What do you recommend? We are predominantly considering a mulch product to market both in bulk and bagged. Any advice or input would be welcome.

Mrs. BD Bone (Wife to BD Bone)
    We are a Husband Wife Team

2. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I don't mind lending free advice, but I would like the location of the person I am giving advice to so I don't shoot myself in the foot. USA is a bit broad don't you think?

3. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

probably jersey " the most corrupt and over governed state in the union"

4. BD Bone

BD Bone LawnSite Member
    from USA

We are located in Ohio.

5. turfsolutions

When you say a mulch product are you talking about beds or lawns? If you are talking about lawns I think it is not only a good idea, but the right way to gear your business. There are some obstacles to an organic approach that you will need to deal with, but all in all, if done right, you will have good success.

6. BD Bone

BD Bone LawnSite Member
    from USA

We are looking into products for beds predominantly. However, am willing to consider all aspects of the organic lawn needs. What type of mulch do you recommend or carry for your client beds?

7. turfsolutions

This forum is mainly for organic lawn care, so that was a miscommunication. As for the type of mulch I use, 3x shredded bark or dyed mulch.